What is the Alumni Ambassador Program?
The Alumni Ambassador program gathers a prestigious and diverse group of 14-16 dynamic and motivated leaders, who are the young adult face of the urban debate community.
Ambassadors will work with students leading up to the 2018 Urban Debate National Championship (UDNC) and help administer the tournament in April. More than 100 debaters, coaches and league staff and Ambassadors will attend this year’s annual dinner and tournament held in Washington, DC. NAUDL covers flights, hotels and meals for Alumni Ambassadors.
What are the benefits?
- A unique mentoring and community opportunity for urban debate alumni
- The opportunity to mentor current debaters and learn new skills throughout the weekend
- Represent the urban debate community at the Annual Dinner
- Attend a training in Chicago in early April and the UDNC in Washington, DC April 19-22. All meals, lodging and travel expenses will be covered for both trips
Who can apply?
- Alumni who participated in their urban debate league for at least one year
- Alumni who are currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college or university
- Alumni who are well-versed in debate and currently active in the urban debate community (this activity may take the form of judging, coaching, mentoring, or participation in urban debate activities and initiatives)
- Alumni who are available to travel to Chicago for orientation on April 7th and the UDNC April 19-22, 2018
What does a completed application look like?
- Original short answer essays
- A completed recommendation form
Key dates for the 2018 Season
- December 21 - Application opens
- February 2 - Application is due
- February 7 - Alumni Ambassadors announced
- April 7 - Orientation in Chicago
- March 12 - April 19 - Remote mentoring of assigned teams
- April 19 - Annual Dinner
- April 20-22 - Urban Debate National Championship