Job Opportunities In The Urban Debate Network
NAUDL’s mission is advancing debate education in urban public schools to amplify youth voices and to develop skills and confidence for future success. Working with 20 partner leagues across the country, our debate programs, practices and curricula make an impact in the academic achievement, career readiness and civic engagement of 10,000 students every year
NAUDL is seeking an energetic and self-motivated addition to our team. The candidate will have a reputation that reflects a strong work ethic, a great attention to detail, and an interest in advancing their skill set in an encouraging environment. This position will report to the Director of Development. Applicants should have one-three (1-3) years of professional fundraising/development experience in a non-profit setting to be considered as candidates.
Candidates for this full-time position must reside in Chicago or surrounding areas. While daily office work is conducted remotely, there is an expectation for attendance at staff development meetings and celebrations (as scheduled).
In addition to virtual work benefits, NAUDL values the health and wellness of its staff. Employee benefits include health insurance and retirement plans, along with a generous paid holiday schedule and PTO.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000-55,000
The Development Associate will support the overall fundraising and brand awareness goals for the organization. He/she/they will be responsible for maintaining all donor records and the gift acknowledgement process while supporting critical revenue generating and donor relations activities and events.
Donor Solicitation and Stewardship:
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgment process, ensuring quality and integrity of data and privacy of donor information
- Maintain donor database records to ensure they are accurate and up to date, including important donor deadlines or pledge dates
- Perform queries and reports of donor database to inform solicitation lists as well as development trends and analysis
Support preparation of monthly financial audits and revenue reconciliation
Brand Visibility and Communication:
- Assist with preparation of printed or online donor solicitation, partnership and cultivation material
- Support donor and sponsor outreach and timelines for Executive Director and Director of Development
- Draft design of monthly donor newsletter layout
- Manage website (urbandebate.org) posts and content updates
Grant and Revenue Development:
- Support the submission of grant proposals and applications
- File and archive submissions and key documentation
- Prepare supplemental grant materials and supporting attachments
- Oversee grants calendar and deadline tracking
- Research and identify potential funders (corporate giving and foundations)
Events Planning and Cultivation:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of national fundraising and cultivation events such as NAUDL’s Annual Dinner (including, but not limited to, milestone and budget tracking, managing attendee list, and overseeing guest experience items)
Other & Executive Assistance:
- Travel and donor meeting coordination for Executive Director
- Other administrative duties as assigned and as aligned with individual performance, talents and interests (when applicable)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required (coursework related to non-profit management, social work, communications, public relations, or marketing a plus)
- Excellent written (these skills will be examined), verbal communication, and interpersonal skills in order to represent the organization to external audiences
- Proven commitment to quality work product and presentation
- Mandatory discretion and professional judgment in dealing with confidential information
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to multi-task and manage many projects simultaneously
- Goal-oriented with a willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to work independently/virtually with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated passion for a non-profit environment and mission
Applicants to send resume, cover letter and two listed references to firstname.lastname@example.org.