Celebrating and Elevating the Urban Debate Network
NAUDL 2021 National Debate Expo
April 16-18, 2021
View schedule overview, speakers and registration details
NAUDL’s marquee event for the last several years has been the Urban Debate National Tournament (UDNC), which welcomes two high school debate pairs from each partner league to compete and network for three action-packed days. Obviously, an in-person tournament continues to be a non-negotiable, for the health and safety of our students, coaches and staff, in the coming months. However, it opens an opportunity for NAUDL to shift this flagship event to something centered around community and growth, and not just competition alone. As such, this April, we will be hosting the first ever NAUDL Debate Expo, combining a round-robin competition with coach and student workshops — as well as virtual engagement events. Specifically, it will include:
- A championship-level high school contest for leagues’ most seasoned (i.e. upper class) debaters
- A series of student workshops to reward younger debaters for their persistence during a virtual debate season
- A coach professional development track to provide time to learn from some of the sharpest debate minds in the network
- A gathering/celebration of coaches and mentors for their support and efforts
- A special exhibition of NAUDL’s I RESOLVE Public Debate Series (I RESOLVE’s exclusive Presenting Sponsor is Massey & Gail LLP)
In 2022, even with expected resumption of our aforementioned annual events, we expect the online Expo to continue as a separate platform to bring the Urban Debate Network together in a unique way.
Questions about the Expo? Contact email@example.com.
>>View “Opening Night” page.
Request for Proposals
As part of the Expo workshop series, NAUDL invites educators, coaches and professionals to present seminars and lecture proposals related to the event’s overarching theme: Celebrating and Elevating the Urban Debate Network.
We invite proposals on a wide-range of subjects, including debate techniques, best practices, college and career guidance, curriculum development, training and more. Presentations should be approximately 60 minutes long and be directed to one of the following audiences: high school debaters, coaches, or league/program staff.
Open proposals are now closed. All submissions are being evaluated with all applicants notified of their acceptance by March 12, 2021.
Any questions about this process should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expo and “Opening Night” Sponsorship Opportunities
$10,000 “Opening Night” Sponsor
• Logo featured anywhere Opening Night is mentioned or highlighted – including exclusive Opening Night and Expo web page(s) – with links, registration page(s) and online program books/agendas
• Virtual VIP room for ups to 10 attendees (branded by host sponsor) with an optional opportunity to request a NAUDL Alumni Ambassador guest
• Special ad placement during the evening’s program
• Special mention in welcome remarks at “Opening Night”
• Mention in Opening Night/Expo press release(s)
$5,000 Expo Sponsor
• Logo feature anywhere Expo is mentioned – including Expo web page, registration page and EXPO agendas
• Mention in welcome remarks at Expo “Opening Ceremony”
• Opportunity to create an ad to be featured in the “Opening Night” and Expo registrant program guide(s)
$1,000 Expo Track Sponsor
• Logo will be featured with track of your choice where logo will be highlighted alongside in event materials and online Tracks: Student, Coach and Program Staff
$500 Expo Workshop Sponsor
• Select a workshop of your choice where logo will be highlighted alongside in event materials and online Workshop selections will be available early March
For more information on sponsorship opportunities or the Expo, please contact Madalyn Messer-Brooks at email@example.com or 312.427.0176.