HIGHLIGHTING STUDENT LIVES TRANSFORMED BY DEBATE
The Debater of the Year award recognizes a debater who demonstrates commitment to debate, improvement in their academic performance and leadership in their school, urban debate league and community.
Finalists in the competition will receive a college scholarship of at least $1,000 and will be invited to the Annual Dinner in Dallas, TX.
The Debater of the Year will receive a college scholarship of at least $2,000 and will deliver a speech at the Annual Dinner on April 2, 2020. The winner and their partner will automatically qualify for the Urban Debate National Championship (UDNC) if they are not already qualified.
- Seniors graduating in 2020
- GPA of at least 2.00
- Active in their urban debate league for the last two years
- Display leadership in the debate community
- Able to attend the Urban Debate National Championship
- Jan 10 Application Opens
- Feb 4 First Application Due
- Feb 7 Finalists Announced
- Feb 21 Final Application Due
- Mar 10 Debater of the Year Announced
- April 2-5 UDNC