Washington Urban Debate League
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Development Director is responsible for gathering financial and other material resources to support the Washington Urban Debate League (“WUDL”).
- Expand the WUDL’s individual giving and major giving programs.
- Prepare grant applications, including to organizations in the D.C. area.
- Manage fundraising events, including annual fundraiser.
- Manage the WUDL’s donor database.
- Prepare communications strategies and materials related to fundraising.
- Work with WUDL Governing Board, Advisory Board, and other relevant stakeholders to support fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with WUDL programmatic events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working in the fundraising/development field in the non-profit sector or other related experience. Experience working with education-oriented non-profits or in the D.C. marketplace is appreciated but not required.
- Familiarity with database software such as Salesforce and Little Green Light.
- Superior written and oral skills; the ability to understand and convey with clarity, crispness, and elegance the mission of the WUDL to a wide variety of audiences; the ability to quickly compose clear and concise messages for public relations and community outreach purposes.
- A passion for urban education and building young voices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work environment is dynamic. It can include working in an office or coffee shop, writing grants and meeting with potential donors, hosting a fundraiser, or providing support to a programmatic event.
- This position will occasionally include work time in the evenings and weekends meeting with key stakeholders and meeting deadlines.
- Physical demands include working at the computer, carrying supplies (paper, printers, computer, t-shirts, food, etc.) for events, and local travel.
- Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to Tristan Morales at email@example.com.
The Washington Urban Debate League is an equal opportunity employer.
WUDL Development Director Position